HISTORY

Churchbridge began with the arrival of settlers from the Anglican Colonization Society, with director and missionary Rev. Robert Bridger. In 1887, the society combined the word " church" from the name of the society, and the name "bridge" in recognition of Rev. Robert Bridger, one of the prominent directors, to name the new settlement "Churchbridge". In 1903, Churchbridge received village status. In 1962, there were 260 people residing the village, and by 1964, the population rose to 600 giving it Town status.

Thanks to our rich agricultural roots and the area potash mines, Churchbridge now has approximately 896 residents as of 2016, and our population continues to grow.

 

- Ph: 306-896-2240 - Email: churchbridge@sasktel.net - Town Office: 116 Vincent Ave. W. - Box 256 - S0A 0M0 - www.churchbridge.com -